Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Future of Banking and Finance

Simon Dixon is one of those guys who has captured my attention. He seems to have a certain amount of drive when he explains his progression from University to the financial world. I really admire anyone who has taken the time to set a goal and make it come true.

Before watching this video a few months ago I had no idea about bankers or careers in finance. I come from a background where the professionals that I knew of were doctors, lawyers, and engineers. When I learned what role finance played in the economy I was amazed, I thought to myself I have to know more. I knew there were stock brokers and financial planners but, I didn't understand their roles. Investment banking, Private Equity Banking, I still think that some of their roles are a little vague but, I will definitely find out more. Sure I have read a job description but how do they work? What are some of their daily tasks? What makes a great Investment Banker? How is Crowd Funding changing the scope in how businesses are started? This guy answers a lot of these question in a dynamic fashion.

 I want to connect with some of these people and this blogging platform is definitely a way I'm going to achieve that. Simon Dixon's Website is BanktotheFuture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment